[Coco] How do i save a program typed in a emulator

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Oct 24 09:51:16 EDT 2005

OK, seems you just need to know how to save a Disk Basic program in the
normal fashion, which has nothing to do with emulators.

There are two types of saves for Disk Basic programs. One saves a
tokenized version that loads faster than the second which saves in
ascii. The ascii method saves exactly what you typed so it can be read
by any test editor/listing program.

SAVE"name"       saves file using "name" tokenized
SAVE"name",A     saves in ascii

Any emulator that works correctly will use the above commands to put the
file on the disk image in drive0 just as a real Coco would put the file
on a disk in drive0.

The command can be modified for other drives.
SAVE"name:3",A        saves ascii to drive3