[Coco] Ideas for a Graphics Project

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sat Oct 22 05:25:05 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 18:18 -0500, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:

> Yes!  I specifically recall seeing this program being run on a CoCo 1
> at a friend's house back in the very early 1980s.  It was a wire
> frame space shuttle that could be rotated, zoomed in, out etc.
>
> If you do run across where it is, or better yet the source, please
> let me know.  That would be directly applicable to what I need to
> present.

Scanned it in, you can find it at:
http://bitchin100.com/3d.pdf

Also, I have a book called "Computer Graphics" 1987. Lots of info about
computer graphics theory both 2d and 3d; interesting to you maybe
because it is relatively old and because all of the examples are close
to ML, a language you mentioned learning about recently. See if you can
get it from your school library. Also lots of references in there that
you could use for a paper.

This was about when computer graphics really started to be used for
entire scenes in movies. There's a color photo of Luxo Jr. (Pixar) in
this book, and Luxo Jr. is copyright 1986... I actually have a friend
who worked on animation for Last Starfighter and that was released in
1984.

-- John.