[Coco] Ideas for a Graphics Project

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Thu Oct 20 15:49:13 EDT 2005

Boisy,

John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 18:18 -0500, Boisy G. Pitre wrote:
>

>>If you do run across where it is, or better yet the source, please
>>let me know.  That would be directly applicable to what I need to
>>present.
>

> OK I'll look for it. If you don't hear from me by Saturday then I've
> forgotten, so ping me.
>
> -- John.

	An interesting thing you can do is to rewrite the thing using fixed
point math with a precision more suited to the low resolution (i.e. I
assume this was written using BASIC and its 5 byte floating point math -
probably far more precision than was needed). Probably get an order of
magnitude or better performance improvement. It would make a spectacular
demonstration of how important the algorithm and its implementation is
to graphics performance. Also, since this is a programming class, you
might learn a few tricks the author did not know about.

					kevin