[Coco] Greg Zumwalt and Varloc

kiddspott kiddspott at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 14:13:28 EDT 2005

Michael,

I really do appreciate it, though I am having a difficult time getting the thing copied to a .sdk file... it has some copy coding trick to it, cause I can get it to do a back up copy after a few atempts and have a good copy, hoever getting the retreive program read it is impossible becasue sector one is played with ....

might have to try a version of disk defeater or something....

unless someone has a copy program that does not fault out on sector one reads and just copies the data from one disk to another without trying to ineterperlate it or such... kinda like a nibbler program... just mirrors the sectors of data from one drive to another without worrying if it is good or not...

But when I do get it figured out I will hold off and wait to see what the author says... I doubt he really would not want it shared... since there is no profit in it really for anyone... you know??

besides so many people have asked me for it it seems a shame to have to hold on to it and risk losing it like many of my programs are doing... i think theyare due to bit rot or something...

thanks,
Chris

Michael Wayne Harwood <michael at musicheadproductions.org> wrote:
In an attempt to avoid being blocked by Greg's spam filter I telnet'd
straight to mail.bigfoot.com (port 25) and manually used the SMTP protocol
commands to send him an email. It hasn't bounced yet, so I think I may
have gotten through.

I think the spam filer he is using is seeing our "date" headers as
problematic which could be for any number of reasons. I suspect that the
date and/or time on his spam server might be off enough from the date and
time on my email server to be interpreting my email as an attempt to spoof
the "date" field.

Regards,
Michael Harwood