[Coco] Varloc and other software

kiddspott kiddspott at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 18:18:31 EDT 2005

As a matter of fact I did exactly all that you mentioned and a bit more... However it is still to no avail!
The server strictly refuses even digitally signed verified Outlook Express plain text mail from both personal and business mail system (not web mail) with no attachments and / or viruses and time was resynced three times in the efforts to verify...
I think the site is just made to kick anyone that is not on a recognized user list to prevent outside unknowns from contacting them....

beats me... let me get back to copying this file over to 3.5" diskette so I can NOT make a .dsk file out of it... ;P

"John R. Hogerhuis" <jhoger at pobox.com> wrote:
On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 13:13 -0700, kiddspott wrote:
> Well I have tried 5 times to send a piece of email to that addressand all I get in return is that the mail is considered SPAM and will not be delivered to that address...
>
> Now I have made sure it was plain text, I even sent it with my digital signature and stayed away from some keywords that I know might trip it, but it keps going on about my EST time being wrong and I live in Central times zone
>
> I think that I will just try one more time before giving up, but am not sure how to reach this person... any other ideas... ?

Did it send you the bounced mail back? You should be able to see what is
happening from the mail headers.

I've seen this happen before to a friend of mine from Canada. IIRC it
was a problem with the SMTP server (in this case, your ISP's mail
server) configuration.

If you haven't already, you should at least verify your computer's
system time and time zone are set properly, assuming you are using a
mail user agent like Thunderbird or OE (as opposed to webmail).

Personally I reject anything that hits my spam filters too. This way the
sender knows immediately that I didn't get the mail they sent, and I
don't have to pick through a giant mound of trash everyday...

-- John.