[Coco] Ideas for a Graphics Project

kiddspott kiddspott at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 14:36:25 EDT 2005

Boisy,

I know for certain that there was a 3D wireframed Chess like game that had spiders and other wire framed animals and such that 'battled' for each move... I have the program some where on one of my 35track diskettes... so If I find it I will try to get it to you, if you would like to use it...

It is the least that I can do after you having to put up with all my dumb questiosn and stuff on the DriveWire Server !

I know it was only wire framed, but It and the Flight simulators were the most advanced 3D programs that I remember having and using without trying to go through every program that I have....

Chris Wilbik

"Boisy G. Pitre" <boisy at boisypitre.com> wrote:
I'm taking a 3D graphics programming class this semester and have to
give a presentation related to the subject matter. Naturally, I
insist on bringing the CoCo into it somehow, so I've decided on a
topic that has been approved: a look at the evolution of 3D graphics
systems on home computers.

In part of my presentation I want to run the CoCo 3 emulator under
MESS and try out a few 3D graphics programs, but the problem is I
don't remember what was out there in terms of 3D perspective games.
There was a 3D tank battle game of some kind that ran on the CoCo 2.
Does anyone remember what it was? Rommel or some such?

And were there any 3D graphics programs on the CoCo 3? Sockmaster's
GLOOM comes to mind, but was there anything else?

Thanks,
Boisy