[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 25, Issue 44

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 05:47:46 EDT 2005

On 10/18/05,  Tony Cappellini wrote:

> Was anything ever written for the coco (basic, ML, or OS9) which was an
> audio equivalent of Cocomax or Colormax?

Lyra for the CoCo 2 has been mentioned already. Lyra is a very
flexible music composing system with a very well done GUI. While the
output of Lyra is better used with a MIDI synthesizer, there are a few
options to the user on how to render the music, among them are the
Orchestra 90 pak and the TV speaker itself - the later being a mono
version of the music, very good as a 'preview'.

For the CoCo 3 Sundog Systems marketed SoundTrax. This is a system
that relied on sound samples and consecuently, samples collection
disks became also available. SoundTrax was close to the Amiga had with
its MODule files, you compose a song defining the events (which notes
and when to play) assigned to different instruments. I never was able
to purchase this package so my notes on SoundTrax come from what I
remeber reading sometime ago. SoundTrax is on of those CoCo 3packages
that still in my wanted list.

--

-=[ Rogelio ]=-