[Coco] Mindroll

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Oct 17 03:35:26 EDT 2005

>From: "Neil Morrison" <neilsmorr at hotpop.com>
>Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 18:59:53 -0700

>But AFAIK, you have to run the ROMPAK in all ram mode, so the code runs from
>C000 on up.

Then what effect does patching $4xxx have?  (Which is where most, if
not all, the patches are.)

I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ here... I'm obviously confused about
*something*...

I mean, presumably, you get the ROM image into low RAM somewhere,
either using a tape or MPI method, patch it, then save it with an
offset to put it back at $C000 when it's loaded again.   That's how it
worked for Thexder and some other ROM paks that I have transfered to
disk.

But those patches are given as absolute addresses ($4xxx) without
mentioning where those patches are relative to the beginning of the
image.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA