[Coco] weird 360K drive

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Oct 16 15:25:44 EDT 2005

I believe it is normal for the drive to spin when accessing other drives. Not
being able to access disks other than those written on the same drive is a sure
sign that the drive is out of alignment.  Without an alignment diskette, you
might or might not be able to fix it.  With not much to lose, you could try
writing a program that continually tries to read a sector from one of your old
disks and beeps or something when it succeeds, and fiddle with the alignment
setting while the program runs until it hopefully starts beeping.  (I've never
attempted this technique, so I can't estimate its likelihood of success.)

Art