[Coco] Peeks, Pokes, Execs on-line

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Tue Oct 11 15:38:50 EDT 2005

> On Monday 10 October 2005 17:21, Ward Griffiths wrote:
> >On 10/10/2005 03:35 pm, Arthur Flexser wrote:
> >> I believe that it was a product of Microcom Software, a couple of
> >> Indian (Asian, not native American) fellows (father/son??) located
> >> (had a store, I think) in upstate New York, the same company that
sold
> >> Word Power 3 and other software. Nice folks.  (I know, three
> >> parenthetical phrases in the same sentence is a bit much.)
> >
> >At least you didn't nest them, as I've been known to do.
>
> Me too, and thats considered to be "poor form" in some circles. :)
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene

I entered a micro-short-story contest a few years ago and they gave extra
credit for nested parentheticals. It takes real skill and is not very
easy to come up with a good one (unless of course you're born with innate
ability (which I am not, evidently, since this one isn't very good)). And
no, my entry didn't include one, but it did contain a simple
parenthetical. :-)

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT