[Coco]Re: Transfer utilities

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Oct 11 10:36:21 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 09:46, Tony Podraza wrote:
>Coming in late on the thread,

But never too late, Tony.

>and at risk of looking foolish because I
> haven't followed the thread all the way, but fully believing that one
> should give credit where credit is due.....the name of the Sysop @
> SandV was Paul Jerkatis.

Ahh, yes, Now I recall.  What is he doing these days?  He'd bought a Sun
& had sent me the rzsz-3.36 code he couldn't make work, and thats
virtually the last I heard from him.  The 3.36 code went together and
ran quite nicely once I'd fed it thru the right wrappers around cc1 & cc2
of the c compiler.  Starting with c.prep-19, ansifront-12, copt-2 etc. I
expect those of you still doing some file moving with rz/sz are running
those objects from my machine.

> There was a Mike Guzzi,

Thats who I was trying to think of, Thanks, but he hasn't surfaced in
recent history either.  I wonder what he's doing these days?

>from PA,

Where in PA?  I traverse up-down the central area from time to time,
and will be making the trip up I-99 again later this week as I head up to
the nephews dairy farm with my 13" planer & help him put some cherry
wainscoating on a basement room in his new house.  I go over to Cumberland
MD and north to get to the Ithaca NY area.  I could stop & beg a cup of
coffee for me & the missus if its near.

>who ran
> Astral Plane BBS, as well as used his CoCos to maintain his herpatology
> envrionment quite well.  He Brought his snakes and CoCo to a Chicago
> CoCoFEST! some years back.  VERY INTERESTING!

I'd imagne so.  Except for rattlers and copperheads, I like most of the
rest of them.  We have about a 7 foot blacksnake that lives in the walls
on the studio building at wdtv, and we don't have a mouse/rat problem in
country thats famous for that.  But he did send one of our receptionists
on quite a trip one morning about a decade back when he came out for
some morning sun & stretched himself out across the front step of the
building.  I chased him off after about 10 minutes of watching the fun
while preaching that snakes were usefull & he went around the front end of
the building and climbed into a 9 foot tall bush, then laid there about
eyeball high just as if "NOW what are you gonna do about me?"  I left him
there as I had other things to do. He's been seen several times since, and
leaves shed skins in the oddest places.  But we don't have any mice...

I made 2 of Ron's Pennfests, but don't recall if anybody with snakes was
there.  I think I'd have remembered that.  And now that I'm retired, I'd
have more time to go if Ron ever decided to hold another.  The Carlisle
site was about a 2 hour detour each way from going up to Rusty's farm or
up to see my daughter who once lived up in a no mans land near the NY
border but still in PA.  Even a good outdoor tv antenna got nothing in
that country!

On a side note, my right arm has been acheing from shoulder to elbow for
the last 2 weeks, & I have a stress test set for the 21st.  The EKG was
normal yesterday.  I don' think the stress test will find much, after all
I've been tossing 60 and 80 lbs bags of sackrete around building that
wall for the last 3 years and have been generally active except for my
time in front of this monitor, which is maybe 4-5 hours a day.

[...]

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)