[Color Computer] [Coco]Re: Transfer utilities

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 9 12:22:04 EDT 2005

    My J&M systems controller does not seem compatible with my FD502 drive
because of a "Tooth" in the cable that I cant seem to remove (not for lack
of trying).

Think outside the box: Don't remove the tooth, clip the wire leading to the
tooth. If the connector's keyed, then drill out the key. Simple

It doesn't look like a wire is leading to the tooth, its just a plastic tab
that runs 90 degress between the second and third contact on the power side
(red wire).
I have thought that also my FD 500 controler or drive might be dead (or Both
for that matter) but, I have had no time to putz with it. I just took the
drive out and I am (was) going to add it to my 501.

One more really dumb question, but if I wanted 4 drives on my system, would
I need 2 controllers (and a multi-pak)or a special cable?
-Glen