[Color Computer] [Coco]Re: Transfer utilities

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 9 11:45:12 EDT 2005

Oh, no I am treading into that "area" again over the 3.5 drives.
I have been reading these list for a year now and no one wants to really
tackle that subject. Some sites say you can upgrade the  26-3022 controller
to work with a 3.5" drive while others have said any controller will work. I
have tried a FD500 and 502 and neither seem to see it (I have all the RS
controllers kicking around -except the 501). It looks like the Distro 2 can
use it, but so far no one has said what they are using for a controller and
if it has been modified. This seems to be the biggest "secret" of the CoCo,
one that I have not been able to see a clear answer in the last year anyway.
My J&M systems controller does not seem compatible with my FD502 drive
because of a "Tooth" in the cable that I cant seem to remove (not for lack
of trying). When I switched to an FD 500 drive, my CoCo 3 doesn't respond (I
assume it needs a multi-pak for the FD 500).
-Glen