[Coco] [Color Computer] 512K and ADOS 3.0

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sat Oct 8 14:50:53 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-08 at 01:57 +0000, Basil Fitze wrote:
> What is the poke or pokes to indicate the RAM I just got a Coco 3 on
> Ebay with the 512K upgrade but just want to check it.
>
> Ados 3.0 the person who wa going to send me the manual and disk please
> contact me.
>
> Also anyone want to trade a Coco 3 for a Coco 1 64K

POKE your screwdriver into each screwhole and turn, flip over and lift
up the cover.

PEEK at whether the 512K daughterboard is been installed

:-) Has the side benefit of letting you know what else the previous
owner might have done, if anything, as well as what vendor made your
board if any.

Did they sell units with 512K or just 128K units? If not, then whether
the warranty alarm sticker is in place may tell you.

Also, I think OS-9 LII will report amount of free memory. Can't recall
the command... mfree or mdir?

-- John.