[Coco] How many CoCoN..... [OT] Domain Name Registrars..

George Ramsower Yahoo at DVDPlayersOnly.com
Fri Oct 7 19:30:28 EDT 2005

A sore spot with me is the name servers.... scroll to the bottom to see my
take on this..

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Heskett"
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 5:19 PM
Subject: Re:     (subject lost)

Gene said:
> See the story about a couple of fueding backbone operators, on slashdot.
> Lots of the net is now split in two, and its likely to continue until the
> users file a class action suit, one proponent saying the fine should be 1
> billion for each of them.

Then it get too much for my simple mind to keep up with who said what.
<grin>

>>At 08:43 AM 10/7/2005, you wrote:
>>>On Thursday 06 October 2005 22:47, Roger Taylor wrote:
>>>[...]

 My host is okay. It's the domain name servers that irk me.

 I'm being shafted by a DNS because they would spam me or sell my email
addy(dunno which). Even though I paid for a private registration. I kept
creating new email addresses, trying to out run the spammers. I didn't know
how these spamers were getting my email address until I decided to create
email addresses for each vendor's NAME I dealt with.
 When the spams began anew at that email address, I could see in the name
(NAME at my site.com) where it came from
  Three times in the past two years, I've written webmaster at The Bad Guy.com
told them I was forwarding all the email to the email address they had on
file to webmaster at tThe Bad Guy.com . The spam stopped!

 There IS power from a keyboard!

 The latest kick in the "sit down part" is when, because of the spam, I
removed the email address from my server that I  gave to the DNS.
 Then, when the registration had expired, I did not get the notification.
Therefore, I didn't re-register it in time to get it transferred.

 If this happens, your domain name belongs to the DNS until you re-register
it through that same DNS. So you are stuck with that DNS.

 I missed my opportunity to register that domain with another DNS. I can
still transfer it, but it will cost me the whole year.. AGAIN!

HECK!!

 email me direct if you want the name of this DNS..

georgera
@
gvtc.com