[Coco] How many CoCoNutz are really out there?

kiddspott kiddspott at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 10:19:46 EDT 2005

Really? well I can bet my money on the fact that not many people knew there was such a convention... we need marketing and advertising to get out there to let people know that there are such conventions... you cannot rely on word of mouth any more... it just does not happen.

For instance my mom has always been interested in the coco and other computers, she lives in Kenosha only miles from the darn convention and she never realized that tehy even held one... much less so close to home...

I only noticed it because of my curiosity had me bouncing all over looking for information on how to get my coco programs onto a hard drive or CD so I will not lose any more of the 5.25" floppies that I have from storage....

It truly is a shame though, I bet there are dozens of people stuck here and there that never got the curiosity to find out about CoCo's online or even take the time to look to see if thre is a site like coco3.com to go to and meet others with coco's....

Chris

"John W. Linville" <linville at tuxdriver.com> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 07:09:45AM -0700, kiddspott wrote:

> I believe there are many more than just those in the yahoo group
> though... how many people show up to the CoCo conventions? Like the
> one in chicago?

I'm afraid that number might be a bit disappointing...

John
--
John W. Linville
linville at tuxdriver.com