[Coco] Re: cool...

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Oct 3 11:18:41 EDT 2005

On Monday 03 October 2005 10:10, Torsten Dittel wrote:
>> Except for the short battery life.  I had an led watch once,
>> displayed the time for 1 or 2 seconds on a button push, needed a
>> fresh battery every 6 weeks.
>
>Guess it was in the 80s when the LED watches were popular. Who knows if
>these beasts waste somewhat less power nowadays or the batteries have
>more capacity

That was the later 70's :)

Probably both, 100x more efficient leds, and slightly higher capacity
batteries.  Still, my favorite Casio, with an lcd display that I wear
usually runs ten years without opening it.  The last one started
gaining time, 2-3 minutes a day, indicative of a tired battery, but
the display was still very high contrast.  So rather than putting a
battery in it, I replaced it with another like it as that case had
badly worn pin holes and had been present at the demise of at least 5
or 6 bands.  One could say it really did look a little bit worse for
the wear.  If I want to dress up and impress the frogs, I can always
wind and wear the $5K Rolex I was given when I retired...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)