[coco]converter update

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Thu Oct 27 13:43:42 EDT 2005

Fellow cocoists,

    I nearly have the converter ready for  production.
Today I successfully programmed the Attiny12 micro
controller to setup the converter to display on reset.
There is one question.  You also have to press
the reset button on the converter after first
applying power to get the display to come up.   I could  alter
the pc board to allow display on start up without pressing the
reset button but then the coco3 could not initialize the converter
on start up in the blind if that was necessary.   I could go  to
the trouble of adding a switch to chose between the two options but  is
it necessary to do so?
Does anybody have any objections to having to push the reset
on power up?

    The only thing I have left to do is program the  micro controller
with the ability to power down the monitor.   After that it will  be
ready.   I have been at this for about a week now learning  the
software and hardware of the Attiny12 programming kit and I
have to "decompress" for awhile.  Maybe do some household
chores like take out the garbage, wash the dishes , pay the bills,
take a bath....I get like this when the learning curve gets a little
steep :)

Roy