[Coco] Sound programs for the coco

Tony Cappellini tony at tcapp.com
Tue Oct 18 00:31:32 EDT 2005

Was anything ever written for the coco (basic, ML, or OS9) which was an
audio equivalent of Cocomax or Colormax?

I remember one program called Synther7 which let the user create basic
synthesizer type sounds using the keyboard, and SYnther77, which I believe
was a follow on to Synther7. Versions of Synther 7 was actually developed
for the Atari and Amiga computers as well.

However these didn't do for audio what Cocomax & Colormax did for graphics.

After googling around the world,  I  could only find a Dragon-only version
of Synther7, which wont work on a real coco or emulator, according to a
recent post.