[Coco] Fragmented bootfile support in NitrOS-9

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Mon Oct 10 22:46:14 EDT 2005

For those of you who have cursed OS-9 for its inability to handle
fragmented bootfiles, I have some good news.  Today, I successfully
added to boot_1773 the ability to read fragmented bootfiles.  There
is additional testing that needs to happen, as well as several more
booters that need to be adapted, so this feature will be part of the
03.02.06 release of NitrOS-9.

This new feature necessitated a change to os9gen.  There is a new
option, tentatively labeled -b, which acts like the similar bootgen
command from OS-9/68K.  If this option is specified, then os9gen will
create the OS9Boot file on the target device in such a way that it
can be fragmented.  Without the -b option, os9gen will behave as
normal (that is, not allowing fragmented bootfiles).

Boisy