[Coco] Notest on Portal-9 and MESS

Roger Taylor roger at newfoal.com
Fri Nov 18 22:45:08 EST 2005

At 07:01 PM 11/12/2005, you wrote:
>Roger,
>
>There has been a change in MESS, although the docs don't show it, and with
>the latest versions the command option -skip_disclaimer no longer is
>available. That may require a change in the Portal9.ini if the above
>option is stock, as MESS will not start from Portal-9 if a command line
>option is not accepted.
>
>Also, I've noted that CCASM supports most of the EDTASM syntax but not the
>logical operators .AND. .NOT. .OR. .XOR. .DIV. .MOD. .EQU. and .NEQ.
>That is not very important, but users of EDTASM should not expect complete
>compatibility.

Robert,

I just e-mailed you a test version of CCASM (3.06) that attempts to add
these operations back for EDTASM compatibility.  However, you'll see that
in order to keep an expression from being seen as "structure.union.field"
since those are possible, you have to enclose any leading symbols in
parenthesis for EDTASM compatibility:

(apple).or.3  works

but

apple.or.3  will result in an error because the expression appears to be a
structure/field

More details are in your e-mail.  Please give it a try and let me know what
you think before I release this update.

--
Roger Taylor
Longview, TX