[Coco] Re: Color Compter, Hard Disk Controller, etc

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Wed Nov 16 12:00:23 EST 2005

Arthur Flexser wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Roger Taylor wrote:
>

>>At 03:02 PM 11/15/2005, you wrote:
>>
>>>The worst thing about UPS: I can't pick it up locally if I'm not at home
>>>when they tried to deliver. They will try again and if that din't work
>>>neither they will return it to the sender...
>>

>>They should be able to place the package(s) at your door unless it's not
>>ideal or if a sig is required.
>>

> Even if a signature is required, you can sign the slip with instructions to
> leave it on your patio, or with a neighbor, or whatever.  At least, that's how
> it works in the US.

That assumes they even bother leaving a slip. I've had UPS attempt
delivery three times (in three days) and NOT leave a slip so I had no
idea I had a package coming. Actually, I've had that happen twice. At
least in and around Calgary, UPS doesn't seem to have any interest in
actually delivering packages to people who are not there during the day.

--
William Astle
finger lost at l-w.net for further information

Geek Code V3.12: GCS/M/S d- s+:+ !a C++ UL++++$ P++ L+++ !E W++ !N w---
!D !M PS PE V-- Y+ PGP t+@ 5++ X !R tv+@ b+++@ !DI D? G e++ h+ y?