[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Looking for a Coco I 64k?

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Sun Nov 13 15:22:38 EST 2005

Dave Dunfield wrote:
>>>	Uh ... Like ya know ... How many of these do you have? I have one deuce (a
>>>3027 I think) and one tre.
>

> What can I say ... you can't always explain everything you do in terms that everyone
> else will understand...
>
> I have (I think) 10 Coco's at the moment: Coco1-4k, Coco1-32k, Coco1-64k, TRS-80
> Coco2 x2,  Tandy Coco2 x2, Coco3 x 3 (one with 512k upgrade). I have a fondness for
> them because I was heavily into the 6809 at one time (still my favorite 8-bit cpu).
> These are however only a very small part of my "classic computer" collection (see my
> site) - the FAQ tries to explain why a bit more. I know collectors who specalize in
> Coco or TRS-80, who have *way* more Coco's than I do. And I know general collectors
> who have *WAY* larger collections than I (there's a guy in Florida with a very large
> warehouse ...)
>
> Regards,
> Dave

	I looked at your vintage site. Wow! Forgive my curiosity ... but where
do you keep all this stuff?

	Do you recommend the TI 99/4A? Does the A still have the dual
interpreter thing for basic? How do you think the 9980 in these compares
to the 6809? I have heard that the basic was slow but could not figure
out how? Guess I know now. How much memory do 99/4As have?

	How does the CC-40 compare to the RS PC-2? What is the yellow strip on
the picture of the CC-40?

					kevin