[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Looking for a Coco I 64k?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Nov 13 14:56:07 EST 2005

As someone else here reminded me, piggybacked 16K chips dont allow the display
window to be moved to the upper 16K--the display just shows flickering garbage
if you try.  So, I'd suspect that piggybacked 32K chips might act similarly if
you tried to move the display window to the upper 32K, as KEY-264K probably
requires.  I wonder if even the author of KEY-264K actually had access to a
machine with piggybacked 32K chips.  Seems a lot of trouble to install to save a
few nickels on a set of 64K chips, and then, for all your trouble, you
apparently wind up with a machine that can't even display the upper
32K.  (Wouldn't that present a problem for OS-9, too?)

Art