[Coco] RE: [Color Computer] Looking for a Coco I 64k?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Sun Nov 13 04:19:08 EST 2005

Curious that piggybacked 32K chips wouldn't work with KEY-264K.  I wonder why
not?  Timing?  Seems like OS-9 would be a lot more finicky about timing than
KEY-264K would.  Maybe it has to do with the display window not being able to be
moved around in the same way as with 64K chips?  Or inadequate memory refresh?

My original point, though, was that I never heard of a stock 32K CoCo with 64K
chips needing any replacement of RAMs to operate in 64K mode, which suggests
that Tandy, contrary to rumors, did not use half-good 64K chips in these
machines.

Art