[Coco][Color Computer] Looking for a Coco I 64k?

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Nov 12 19:17:33 EST 2005

On 11/12/2005 06:25 pm, Neil Morrison wrote:
> The early Coco I was indeed designed to use sets of defective 64K rams,
> either all upper or all lower half good. The TRS-80 Model I was similarly
> designed to use sets of defective 16K rams, either all upper or all lower
> half good. I never saw this done or heard of it being done in either case.

What Mod 1 would that have been?  4k Mod 1s used 4k chips, 16k (and 32k and
48k Mod 1s).  While I heard rumors of 8k Mod 1s, there was never a stock
number assigned, nor any to my knowledge shipped.  Admittedly, I went to work
for the company when the Mod 1 was being phased out, they were only sold for
another year and some after the Mod 3 came around.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Now she saw what that authority was capable of.  Worse, she saw peace
taken to its extreme.  And it was the most awful thing she'd ever seen.
                -- Inara at Miranda, from the "Serenity" novelization