[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Digest Number 773

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 12 17:45:58 EST 2005

That Might have been true in the US, but here in Canada, It was different
story.
I have just had a conversation with one of the employees of the first
"Repair centers" here in Alberta, The FACTS were that yes HALF of the ram
was bad in the 32K units in the beginning, so the official stand was in a
64K upgrade, all of the old RAM was removed, and replaced with the
"official" 64K RAM upgrade. Mike remembers this well, as at the beginning, a
lot of people were complaining when the "Bad" ram was really flakey when
running 64K programs. So the policy was made for all of Western Canada, to
replace everything and not even try to run the 32's at 64's. But he then
Admits, that they did everything "By the Book" with RS and this could have
been just company propaganda to sell the 64K upgrades.
-Glen

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/CFFolB/TM