[Coco] msys, mingw, tortoiseCVS.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Nov 11 16:42:25 EST 2005

On Friday 11 November 2005 13:08, Paul T. Barton wrote:
>--- Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>> There are specifics at http://nitros9.org/guidelines.html
>> On my Win98SE system, I have
>> PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;c:\msys\1.0\bin;c:\mingw\bin
>> set HOME=C:\msys\1.0\home
>> in my autoexec.bat file. TortoiseCV (for getting source code), MinGW,
>> and msys are installed.
>>
>> Once you get that far, then we can give you some help using Tortoise
>> and msys.
>
>--snipped--
>
>Robert,
>
>OK, I got mingw installed (but it doesn't have gcc in /bin).
>OK, I got msys installed, but it complains about missing /bin/gcc.
>OK, I got tortoiseCVS installed.
>
>Where do I get gcc ?
>
>Paul - idezilla

Probably from the gnu.org site, which is the master site for those
tools.  Its a free download, but you'll have to build it, which is a 3
stage process since it first has to build enough of itself that it can
build the rest in stage 2, then in stage 3 it rebuilds itself with
itself to make sure its built correctly.  You'll need to start late &
let it run all night.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)