[Coco] NT :is it just me?

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 18:58:37 EST 2005

Is it just me, or have the prices really skyrocketed on E-bay? I mean
Really, the sellers are knowing it also. The "Buy it now" prices for 6
issues of the Rainbow -$75. I am in one auction for a CoCo2 and some
floppies -it states "low reserve". His "Low" is $99.99 and there is one
buyer that is really spending a lot of money. A 4-color printer -Starting
$75!!! I thought last winter when I was trying to just get floppy disk
drives for my online store was expensive at $100, and I never could get a
501! Now, I am trying to re-stock my store and it seems impossible to get
anything for a half decent price. SO I am taking Some matters into my own
hands! Next week marks the 1 year anniversary of the CoCo lounge, and as a
result of not being able to get any more floppy disk drives in for a half
decent price, I have been wheeling and Dealing with a few Third party
Manufacturers and I will be offering custom made Floppy drives with atx
Power supplies,custom cases, Truly re-manufactured 5 1/4" and new 3.5"
drives. All good quality components and with a 90 No questions asked
exchange policy. The web page is up at
http://www.coco.8bit-micro.com/custom.htm, but no links from the main site
or up yet. You have the first crack. Once we get some volume sales , the
price will come down, but with the prices on ebay lately, they might be in
the right "Ballpark".