[Coco] Zaxxon on disk from DataSoft can be made to run in MESS

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Nov 9 23:30:48 EST 2005

Just to get your blood running even faster, here is an MESS image of
ZAXXON running from drive 110 on a .vhd image using RGBDOS.

The code was modified so that the drive number is no longer hard coded
but uses whatever is in $EB. The program does not check for code loaded
in low RAM nor does it look for info on track 7, sector 29. The loaders
were removed and the program is now in LOADM format. A short Basic
loader is used just to be sure that WIDTH32 is executed if running on a
Coco3. The Basic program is saved in ASCII format so that WIDTH32 (as
part of an IF statement) does not cause any errors even on a Coco1.