[Coco] wierd stuff

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sun Nov 6 23:57:07 EST 2005

Depending on the disk controller you have, it may not work with a Coco3
unless you use the MPI at the same time. The Coco3 does not have +-12v
lines so the older controllers that need 12v won't work without an MPI.
I'm not sure if a Coco2 has +-12v, the Coco1 does.

Also the contacts on devices and the Coco pack slot get oxide covered
and that can cause problems. Try de-oxide solutions on the lands for
best results.

Third, the drives need terminal resistors on the last drive in the set.
You don't want multiple drives each with the load resistor pack installed.