[Coco] Rainbow cassettes

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 3 21:08:23 EST 2005

That was just discussed here. If the program is a Basic program, do a
CLOAD"filename" and then a SAVE"filename". If the program is machine
language, you can try
10 CLOADM"filename"
20 EX=PEEK(&H9D)*256+PEEK(&H9E):EN=PEEK(&H7E)*256+PEEK(&H7F)-1
    :ST=PEEK(&H1E7)*256+PEEK(&H1E8)
30 SAVEM"filename",ST,EN,EX

Don't expect all cassette based programs to work on a disk based system.
The machine language program may try to load at $600 and trash the disk
OS. The Basic program may expect more RAM than is present in a disk
system and not run.

You will need to experiment. Offset loading of ml programs may be
required with subsequent memory shifting. Editing of Basic programs may
be required.