[coco] advice needed

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Wed Nov 2 18:27:48 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/2/05 3:26:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
kevdig at hypersurf.com writes:

Can new firmware be loaded later? If so then just ship and provide an
update later. If you need to paint the house  ... or the cat then go  do
that. You can provide an update later.

I'll bet  that that $170 thing that people found earlier this year can't
put the  monitor to sleep. Nice work dawg!!!

kevin

Thanks!   And I have some good news.   The device now  brings the screen up
on power up without a reset.   It will bring the screen up on  reset.    AND
it
can bring the display up with software activation from the coco3
in the blind with no controller installed at all just an empty  socket.
All it took was a well placed switching diode
and resistor and a little more programming.    ALSO,   the Attiny12 now
understands I2C so transmitting an ID code of 68 hex and a 00 hex  data
byte down the monitor cable shuts the monitor down.  Transmitting  a 01 hex
after the ID code will restore monitor function.     Transmitting a 02 hex
after the ID code will cause  the Attiny12 to perform a software reset  of
the entire board and restore default values.   The only thing it  wont do now
is change the startup values used in the converter's video control  registers.
I think this is enough to begin with.   I will provide a free  upgraded micro
controller at a later date  that will do what Torsten  mentioned in a previous
post to anybody who desires it.   It is a simple eight pin  DIP device and is
the
only chip on the board that is socketed.   (darn thing looks like  an op amp).
     I am not ready to take any orders yet but soon I  will let everyone know
when I am be ready on this list and possibly on the _www.coco3.com_
(http://www.coco3.com)  web
site.

Roy