[Coco] Re: advice needed

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Wed Nov 2 10:10:42 EST 2005

In a message dated 11/2/05 1:58:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Torsten at Dittel.info writes:

The MC  will initialize all the AL chip sets values rather
than the CoCo, but the  CoCo is able to change those values (permanently
until the next change) by  communicating to the MC. Right?

Not at the moment it cannot change the startup values permanently.
I have the micro controller starting up the converter and the coco
can change them.   But I was concentrating on getting it  working
to this level before I get fancy with it.  To be honest I was  thinking maybe
we could do without that capability and keep the programming simple  but
the fact that the monitor blanking function requires I2C  communication
means I might as well add editing of startup values too.
 If I don't give it that kind of ability at first I can always offer  it
later as
an upgrade to the customer's who want it at no additional cost  without
altering the converter PC board. The MC is socketed and the procedure
would be easy.     Don't worry tho I am going to offer  MC's with
either NTSC or PAL permanent startup values.   It will just take  a
while before I can make it do permanent startup values and I am
inpatient to begin assembly and getting them out to people.

You have any luck with the unit I sent you?    You might  have a
collector's item there since it is the only one of that model I let go.  :)

If you have trouble with it don't worry I'll send you the new model
soon.

Roy