[Coco] Re: New! Cassette to floppies

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Wed Nov 2 05:51:08 EST 2005

> Many games had a pre-loader, which auto-executed, and loaded the rest of the
> programme. These are more difficult to transfer to disk.

I already mentioned this before, but all of the "copy protected"
Microdeal tapes sold in Europe started with a call to the CLS routine
($A928 AFAIR) to clear the screen. A 64K CoCo in "All RAM Mode" could be
easily patched at that address (e.g. executing a "soft cold start"). I
used to figure out where the program loaded using the EDTASM+ cartridge
in my MPI. Just for fun I analyzed the "copy protection" later but since
I had already transferred all my tapes to disk there was no reason to
write an automatic copy utility for those "protected" tapes.

Torsten