[Coco] patch DISK BASIC for 40 tracks

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 1 13:20:01 EST 2005

You are correct. Patching backup in RGBDOS for 40 tracks and
subsequently using it with a hard drive would corrupt the Disk Basic
portion of the drive. This should only be used for backing up floppies
and then the system should be reset to the default of 35 tracks per disk.

As is typically the case, requests for system changes are possible but
can bring unexpected consequences. It is the responsibility of the
requester to use common sense and take precautions when evaluating and
applying any suggestions made here or on any other Internet site.