[Coco] Hi coconuts, What's the best approach for doing a database

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Tue Nov 1 12:24:27 EST 2005

> The OS-9 MultiView contained a data base program. You can search
> Google
> for PC database programs. An example is Microsoft Access and there
> are
> many others.
>
> Brian wrote:
>
> > Hi coconuts
> >

> > What's the best approach, for doing a database on coco software,
> What
> > database program for a Pc, would be the best one to use,
> >
> > For I have never done this before, So this will be a new learning
> experience
> > for me, Any Help would be appreciated on this adventure of mine.

I'm not aware of any database program that comes with Multi-Vue, but
there is a software package out there that is a good database program
under OS-9. I use it all the time, in fact, to keep a high scores
database on my Coco. It's called 'Data Windows', which was written by
Keith Alphonso and originally offered by Alpha Technologies, then
CocoPro!, and then most recently Jim Davis until he dropped off the face
of the earth.

A second database program under OS-9 was 'Sculptor', originally offered
by Frank Hogg Laboratories. I've never used it though, and that one might
be even more difficult to find.

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT