[Coco] Using the Sound/Speech Cart

Diego Barizo diegoba at adinet.com.uy
Sun Nov 13 13:24:36 EST 2005

I'm having serious problems trying to get noises out of the pack.
I tried modifying the programs that come in the manual, but with little
luck.
After the pokes to initialize the pack, I poke &HFF7E,152 . That should
"Load sound data into individual buffers"
Then I poke 17 values from one of the sample programs in the manual,
that are supposed to generate a gunshot noise.
The values are:
159,15,15,
191,15,15,
223,15,15,
98,0,14,5,
0,0,0,0

The first 3 sets of values are supposed to be 3 noises, 1 for each
channel, the 4th set should be the envelope, and I have no idea what the
last zeros are about.
After this, I poke a terminator (255), and poking a 216 should "Execute
sound data from individual buffers".
All I get is a nice silence...
Any clues about what I'm doing wrong?

Diego