[Coco] Re: Another weird ebay entry...

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Tue May 24 17:22:57 EDT 2005

On 05/22/2005 04:44 pm, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
> I think he is confusing the Coco 1 with the Model 1. The old Model 1
> did have some EMI issues that Tandy had to deal with. Not sure if
> they were forced to recall and repair or just stop selling that model.

No recalls.  And by the time the deadline came to stop manufacturing the Mod
One, the Mod 3 (and the CoCo) had been available for over a year and had the
mandated shielding.  The deadline was the end of 1981 -- I'm not sure when
the last Mod One came off the line, but it was in plenty of time.

And in fact, the requirement only applied to residential installations at
first -- a computer in an office or other business could make as much noise
as it wanted.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

It burns when I pee.  -- Johnny Storm