[Coco] Re: Run NitrOS-9 on the JVC/Collyer Coco3 emulator

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Fri May 20 07:29:53 EDT 2005

PART II

Below is PART I for running NitrOS-9 double sided drive images with the
JVC emulator through the use of the os9boot.mor replacement for
coco3.rom. However, that would prevent the use of Disk Basic or RGBDOS
with the JVC emulator. Once you have booted into NitrOS-9 by the method
of PART I, here is how you can created an image that will boot using the
normal coco3.rom thus permitting the use of a normal disk.rom.

Boot NitrOS-9 from the double sided image and run dmode to list the
specs of /d0. Use dmode to change /d1 so that the typ entries are the
same, sid=1 and cyl is double the value for /d0. Then using [F2], create
a new entry for drive 1.

Now enter "format /d1" (without the quotes) and when finished run
cobbler on /d1. This will finish creating a single sided image the same
size as /d0 but with the os9boot track on LSN $264 (track 34) instead of
LSN $4C8 (track 68). You can verify this by using dEd. Then make sure
you are in the root directory of /d0 and enter "dsave -s56 /d1 ! shell".
This will copy everything from /d0 to /d1.

Now that you have made a copy of your boot disk in single sided format,
replace the os9boot.mor version of coco3.rom with the original
coco3.rom. This will once more make Disk Basic or RGBDOS available.
However, you will now be able to use the DOS command and boot your new
NitrOS-9 image.