[Coco] Window Master & "Super Basic"

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sun May 15 00:52:08 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 20:58 -0700, Andrew wrote:

> I have a lot of fears about the way things are going in our country
> today - I don't want to get off topic - copyright and the issues
> surrounding it currently are a small part of all of the issues. Our
> rights as supposedly free citizens to create and distribute ideas as we
> see fit seem to be under major fire, mainly by corporations who would
> rather that the citizenry not have a say in anything. They seem to be
> winning on so many fronts, and the frustrating part is that the people
> appear to rather have the "breads and circuses" rather than be a free
> populace.
>
> That is a very frightening, and disheartening, thing...

Well, if it's any consolation our generation is ahead of the curve here.
As information technology becomes more and more mainstream and corps try
more and more to shove DRM down our throats, I expect people to wake up.

It seems like a race against such forces, I guess... but the thing is if
it's widely apparent that it's the right thing to do, the laws can be
changed at any time.

Folks just haven't woken up to it yet.

-- John.