[Coco] Window Master & "Super Basic"

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Sat May 14 17:15:39 EDT 2005

Andrew wrote:

><snip>
> Personally - I would like to preserve these for myself, plus I want to
> use it some more - I was always impressed at the speed that CBASIC-3
> gave to programs, it was a nice compiler, and a great editor for code as
> well. My goals at this point aren't to distribute this software "far and
> wide" - but more to preserve it for the day (hopefully?) when I can.
>
> What do others here think about this?
>
> Andrew L. Ayers
> Phoenix (Glendale), Arizona

The copy protection schemes used on these products can and has been
bypassed so that backups can be made. You may even find discussions of
the scheme if you search with Google and Google Groups.

Personally, I don't think a "how to" should be described in detail on
this list. If you have a program that can read or duplicate unusually
formatted disks, that may be enough. Otherwise, you will need special
tools to read such disks under Disk Basic, decode the programs on the
hidden sectors with a disassembler, and either recreate the disk or
alter the copy protection. I've done it and it takes a good bit of work.