[Coco] replacing main rom

James Dessart james at skwirl.ca
Fri May 13 16:49:13 EDT 2005

On Fri, 13 May 2005, John Hogerhuis wrote:

> 6K? I think in that amount you could launch into a menu like the
> TRS-80 Model 100 does. Instead of the RAM file system you would show
> the disk directory and a BASIC stub to get to OK prompt.
>
> Alternatively something like midnight commander.
>
> As to an actual GUI, not enough room. With more room, I think this
> territory is mapped out with Coco Windows and Window Master.

I know there's a particular CoCo guru who might take that as a challenge.
:) personally, I could do it, if I had the motivation, I'm pretty sure.

Remember, aside from the data, Gloom fit in about 1K code space. Using
vector-based UI drawing, and the font ROM, you probably could do it with
relative ease.

James