[Coco] [Color Computer] CoCo 2 questions.

Phill Harvey-Smith dragon at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Thu May 12 13:55:55 EDT 2005

Hi,

Just got myself a cheap, (£4.99) CoCo 2 off ebay, not working at the
moment, but I intend to fix that :) I have a couple of questions :

1) It seems very different from the CoCo 1, much more compact, and seems
  to have some different chips. Does anyone know where I can get a
circuit sheet for this, I have the CoCo 1 tech ref, but this seems to
different.

2) There are a couple of chips with numbers I don't recognise they are :

HD61J204P / TCC1000, a 28 pin chip on the bottom left of the board.

SC7331P, a 40 pin chip in the top middle of the board, next to the 6821,
this seems to be connected to the keyboard, so I assume it's a PIA, but
that's a number I don't recognise.

3) There seem to be some wire links to select between 16K and 64K rams,
assuming that I can get some 64K, what type does it need (41464s at a
guess) ?

Also the machine seems to have a 74LS785, rather than a 74LS783, I have
tested this in my Dragon test board and it works ok, but wondered what
the difference was ?

Thanks.

Phill.

Yahoo! Groups Links