[Coco] The typical CoCo user is aged...?!?

Dezorian dezorian at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 31 20:20:40 EST 2005

On March 27, 2005 01:33 pm, Torsten Dittel wrote:
> I'd like to see kind of a demographic profile of today's CoCo-Nuts. Age?
> Profession? etc.

Damn, this is what I miss when I fail to check this email account!

I'm a 32-year old Warehouse Manager in Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada), and I got
my first 64K Coco 2 in 1985, when I was twelve.  I played on the thing
day-and-night, getting myself hooked on text adventures like the Mark Data
games Seaquest, Calixto island, Black Sanctum, Trekboer, and Shenanigans.  I
bought a second-hand Coco 3 in 1990, upgraded it later that year to 512K and
OS-9 Level II (which I am sad to say I never got into).

I ended up selling both my Cocos (and all the peripherals) when I went to
College two years hence, and picked up a Tandy 1000RL with the proceeds
(inexplicably required an MSDOS machine for my course).  Since then, I have
accumulated nearly 60 computers (they follow me home), ranging from generic
PCs to Amigas (six of 'em), nearly twenty Macs, a few Unix machines (Sun
Sparcstations, SGI boxes, and a pair of IBM RS/6000 machines), but I can
honestly say NONE of them are ANYWHERE NEAR as fun as my old Coco!

I've managed to pick up a used Coco 3 and peripherals (eBay!), and it's almost
as if I never left!  I'm glad to see many of you have been keeping the torch
going!

Shaun Wheeler
aka Dezorian/Conceited Jerk/Pretentious Nickname

--
This is a Dezorian tagline.  Yes, indeed, it is!
(if you don't understand this, you've never played the original  Phantasy