[Coco] Saving individual .dsk image files

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Wed Mar 30 07:27:04 EST 2005

On 03/30/2005 06:22 am, David wrote:
> Ward Griffiths wrote:
> >On 03/30/2005 04:19 am, billg wrote:
> >> o.k., that worked.  Now I have the individual files saved to the HD in
> >>their original "compressed basic" and binary form.
> >>
> >>Now, is there a way I can load each the basic files and save them to an
> >>ascii format (save "filename.bas",a) so that they can be studied using a
> >>text editor?
> >
> >In the emulator, in the BASIC interpreter, load each of the tokenised
> > BASIC programs and perform a SAVE "filename",A to save the program as an
> > ASCII file.  Then port it out to the HD.
>
> After exporting via the SAVE "filename",A method and loading into a text
> editor.. can these files then be resaved, trasferred to the coco and
> reloaded as-is, or is there extra steps required?
>
> I remember having some troubles with importing ascii assembler files
> into EDTASM on the coco, as the tab characters didn't work properly?

Damfino about Assy stuff, last did Coco Assy back in the 80s and not inclined
to go back to it.  But for BASIC programs, all should be well, unless the
program was a "embed machine code in data statements" that was run before it
was resaved -- that causes problems with any programs using Leo
Christopherson's technique and that was a problem with the Z-80 stuff as
well.
Ward Griffiths				wdg3rd at comcast.net

Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."
Zoe:  "You live on a spaceship, dear."     --  Firefly, "Objects in Space"