[Coco] [Color Computer] Model 100 Drives....

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Mon Mar 28 14:13:39 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 18:14 +0000, Dave wrote:

> Any good for the CoCo as a project drive?
>
> Cheers Dave

If you can find a coco model 100 disk driver, you could consider my
DLPilot program:

http://bitchin100.com/dlpilot

DLPilot is a model 100 drive emulator for serial-based PalmOS PDAs.

Whatever drive you find would have to use the file-based protocol though
(the Model 100 disk drive implements two different protocols, one sector
based, and the other file based). I don't know if such a driver exists.
If anyone knows of such a driver let me know. I know such things exist
for lots of vintage micros, including the Amiga, Cambridge Z88, all DOS
PCs, NEC laptops, etc.

The TPDD drives are portable and quiet, but they are not very reliable
these days. In addition their capacity is limited to between 100K and
200K. Us Model 100'ers are working on various drives to replace these,
including DLPilot, the internal ReMem ram/flash upgrade, and Kenneth
Pettit's TacDrive (not released yet), which is a standalone, serial
connected  CF and SD/MMC card reader/writer.

-- John.

Yahoo! Groups Links