[Coco] The typical CoCo user is aged...?!?

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Sun Mar 27 23:02:36 EST 2005

At 01:33 PM 3/27/2005, Torsten Dittel wrote:

I'm 42. First computer was an RCA Cosmic Elf. The ole timers will know that
one. I had assembled programs and had a blast. Worked as an assembly tech
in the RCA1802 processor field of energy management. Flew through the ranks
and went off to tech school. My father had a CoCo1 and I'll never forget
running to the mailbox when the Rainbow was due to arrive. Read it over and
over till the next issue came. Moved to MN and got my 2 year degree.
Married, kids, and the CoCos. Work for a defense contractor as a Test
Technician and got so good with design/programming on our ATE system that I
was hired to run the Midwest Regional office for the system I programmed at
the defense contractor. Got to work with Ford, Delphi, TRW, Johnson
Outboard just to name a few on multi-million module lines and engineering
validation systems. Got burned out and returned six years later to the
slower paced defense contractor. Same job just as a Test Engineer now.
Electronics 24/7.

My life has been the CoCo. I'm where I am today because of it and my love
and drive to want more from it. I was self taught on the CoCo. What I
learned on it, I applied at work. The papered EE's at work are amazed at
what we have done with the CoCo. It is a passion, a respect for it.

I'm down a few machines but I did have WELL over fifty CoCo's in my house,
under twenty now. A tons of everything CoCo.

You got to love it......