[Coco] Re: The typical CoCo user is aged...?!?

John Kowalski sock at axess.com
Sun Mar 27 19:19:25 EST 2005

I'll be 34 in a few days.  My parents first bought us a TRS-80 Model III.
Later a CoCo 2.  I later bought myself a CoCo 3 and an Atari ST around the
time that they came out.  The ST was great - it was more powerful yet in
other ways extremely similar to the CoCo 3, but it didn't quite have the
same kind of attraction for experimentation as the CoCo 3 had.  I eventually
stopped using the Atari, but never gave up the CoCo.

I was also determined to make the CoCo 3 do some cool stuff.  If the Atari
could do it, I figured, so could the CoCo!  The more impossible people
perceived an idea to be, the better :)

Torsten Dittel wrote:
>I, for myself, am 34 and started to programm with my fathers CoCo 1 in
>1981 or 1982 (just BASIC). Later I got my own MC-10 (1983) and CoCo2
>(1985) and just did Assembly Language on both systems. I never made it
>to a CoCo3 here in Germany (had to wait until I could afford some from
>ebay Australia about two years ago...) so I kept my CoCo2 active until
>1989 when I got my first Atari ST. I stayed with the Atari line (up to
>Mega ST 4) until 1995 when I bought my first PC.
                                         John Kowalski (Sock Master)
                                         http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/