[Coco] The typical CoCo user is aged...?!?

Dave Poitras dave at cococentral.org
Sun Mar 27 18:22:55 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Torsten Dittel"

> I'd like to see kind of a demographic profile of today's CoCo-Nuts.
> Age? Profession? etc.
>
> I guess we have two generations here:
>
> The members of the "father generation" who were 40 to 55 years old
> 20 years ago (they should be 60 to 75 now).
>
> The members of the "son generation" who were 15 to 25 years old 20
> years ago (they should be 35 to 45 now).
>
> Anyone between out there between 45 and 60?
>
> Torsten

Well, I am 54.  I have worked at the same Volvo / Oldsmobile Dealer
since 1973.  Made Oldsmobile Master tech for 14 years in a row. Many
of those I was in the top 100.  In 94 I became the service manager and
still there.  We bought our first Coco2 in 1982 for our Daughter and
son.  We bought in October as a Christmas present.  Every night I
pulled it out and every night I got more and more addicted to it.
Bought the Cassette deck, later on the printer and after that came the
first drive.. By the time big day came it was quite a setup.  Now the
collection is really getting out of hand, but I have a very
understanding wife. She is right about it keeps me out of the bars and
coming home at 2:00AM barking like a dog and howling at Moon :-)

Dave P